- Champion a performance culture and continuously review productivity and employee development making recommendations for improvements.
- Ensure legal compliance is met in all HR activities.
- Co-ordinate remuneration policies and advise senior management on staff salaries in reference to external benchmarks.
- Continuously review the responsibilities of the People's Department and make bold decisions when necessary.
- Regularly meet with employees for progress reviews and assessments, discussing any problems or grievances they may have.
- Give counsel and oversee complex employee relations issues such as grievance and disciplinary cases and manage difficult cases with professionalism.
- Lead on special projects and communicate and direct on strategy and implementation.
- Champion change initiatives getting buy-in from senior mgmt..